So you’ve got a ticker display. One of the first questions people have is: How do I set up stock quotes to run on my LED ticker display? This post shows you step by step how to set up this common feature: How to Show Stock Quotes on a LED Ticker Display. You can find the full LED Ticker documentation in our Help Center.
How to Show Stock Quotes on an Led Ticker Display
- Login to ticker.risedisplay.com
- Click the Financial icon. A Financial item will be added to the bottom of the playlist for this Ticker Display.
- Click the Financial field and type a name to label this content item (e.g., My Watchlist). This text does NOT appear on the display. It is used for making it easier for you to manage and organize the content you add.
- Click Add Instrument to add a financial instrument.
- Select one instrument from the list provided.
- To add a second instrument, repeat steps 3 & 4 above. If the first Instrument added was an Chain Field (e.g. the constituents of the S&P 100), you cannot add any additional Instruments. You must create a separate Financial content item for another Chain Field or to add a currency, commodity, or individual stock quote.
- The default schedule for displaying the content is 24/7 (i.e., everyday, all day.) To customize the schedule, see Schedule content on an LED Ticker Display.
- Click the Back button to save. This content item will be added to the bottom of your Ticker playlist.
HELPFUL LINKS TO LOOK UP SYMBOLS
If you subscribe to our Basic Web Based Ticker software you have permission to show 20 minute delayed stock quotes from NYSE and Nasdaq. Popular chain fields for dynamic fields such as Most Actives and Net Gainers are listed here.