Like a barbershop pole tells everyone that it’s a place to get your hair cut, an outdoor LED Ticker tells everyone that you are a financial firm or business school. Plus, the movement of the scrolling markets on the ticker act like the barbershop pole and attract attention to your business.
Three Key Differences between Indoor and Outdoor LED Tickers
- Brightness – The LEDs need to be bright enough to compete with the sunlight.
- Heating & Cooling – The cabinet needs to be properly heated and cooled to ensure operation in all weather conditions.
- Weatherproof – All electronics need to be weatherproofed to protect the electronics from moisture.
Additional Considerations for Outdoor Applications
- Zoning Laws – Will your city/county allow the use of a moving message display? Remember a Ticker is always scrolling so it is different than a billboard that changes every few seconds.
- Cost of Install – Pulling power to the exterior of the building, possibly shutting down streets, getting lift equipment in, etc. – all of these factors add cost.
- Additional Service – Given the outdoor conditions, cleaning and service on an annual basis are strongly recommended.
Get the Look of an Outdoor Ticker without the Hassle
If the cost of an outdoor LED Ticker is prohibitive, one creative idea is to mount an indoor display in your window facing outside. This allows you to use a more economical indoor LED Ticker and removes the added complexity for install, zoning laws, and service.
Outdoor Ticker Examples
Here are some photos of recent installations. Check out the following:
- Curtain University
- University of Southern Carolina Upstate
- Indiana Tech University
- Elon University
- Fidelity Investments