Ticker Software: Software Comparison
Not sure what software is best to control your LED Ticker? The following is a simple comparison showing the 3 different software options for controlling a Rise Ticker display.
|Rise Ticker||Sunrise Software||C-Scape JetStream|
|Software Cost||$0||$0||one time fee|
|Optional Web delivered data (stocks, sports, Reuters news) per display||$20/Mo.||n/a||$150/Mo.|
|Integrate with local data sources (DDE/CSV/ODBC)||no||no||yes|
|Web based control (no computer required) – requires Internet access||yes||no||no|
|Premise based control (client supplied Windows computer internal to network)||no||not dedicated||dedicated|
|Stop content to show static (non scrolling) messages||no||yes||no|
|Display World Clocks||no||yes – static||yes – scrolling|
|Display multiple streams of data (dual line ticker)||no||no||yes|
|Display multiple layers of content (content scrolling over a background)||no||yes||yes|
When should I use Rise Ticker Web-based?
- If you have a reliable network/internet connection and want to show live web delivered content for stocks, sports, news, twitter, and RSS.
- Ideal for sports bars, corporate lobbies, retail banks, hotels, and business school labs.
When should I use Sunrise Software?
- When you don’t have an internet connection and you want to simply control your messages and announcements.
- Ideal for retail, ticker windows, government applications and tradeshows.
When should I use C-scape JetStream Premise-based?
- When you want to host the software inside your secure network and mine data from 3rd party sources.
- Ideal for casinos, sportsbooks, stock exchanges, brokerage firms, and data centers.
If you still have questions and would like us to give you a call to discuss the options simply contact us and we will schedule a time to help you make the best decision for your LED ticker.