I will use the term “week”, but I have been remiss in doing my end of the week summaries so this one should catch things up over the past couple of weeks.
University Finance Lab (www.universityfinancelab.com)
Installs are in full swing as we make a mad scramble to get as many installed as possible before the students come back for Fall Semester. It appears we will be part of 42 new finance labs opening this Fall compared to 31 last Fall – a 35% increase over last year. With the additions this year we estimate the number of labs in North America to be approximately 225, so to help professors share ideas and best practices we set up a Linkedin Group for University Finance Labs. If you are interested in sharing ideas please feel free to join – all are welcome.
Over the last few weeks we had a number of great posts to our blog – check them out:
- Stock Trak – University Investment Challenges
- Photos of Recent Lab Installations
- The Economic Function of a Stock Exchange
- Lab Additions to Google Map
- Are Finance Labs Worth the Investment
- How Much are Schools Spending on Displays
- The Growth Pattern of University Trading Rooms
- Finance Lab Component: Info Wall
- Building a New Building?
- Partner Badge in Action
- Another Week More Additions to the Map
Rise Ticker (www.riseticker.com)
We are rapidly approaching the order for our 5,000th foot of full color ticker. On Jan 27th we passed 2000ft, on May 17th we eclipsed 3000ft, and on July 28th we surpassed 4000ft. A lot of the ticker growth is fueled by the adoption of Business School Trading Rooms (see above) but we are also seeing growing interest from sports bars preparing for the NFL season.
Some blog posts of interest regarding Ticker displays:
- Business School Finance Lab Group
- New LED Stock Ticker Photos
- Average Size for a Digital Stock Ticker
- Where are Stock Tickers Being Installed?
- LED Ticker at Virginia State University
- Cool… Custom… Circular